Third Person Narratives

He saw my mother's little brother who died at age 5

I would like to share with you my husband’s NDE story. On June 11, 2016, I rushed my husband to the hospital due to his being unable to breathe.

The whole week he had been complaining of having difficulty breathing but every time he went to the hospital they sent him home to do breathing treatments.

This particular Saturday we were set to celebrate my son's graduation party and my husband felt out of breath so he took a breathing treatment while I took my son to the park to get ready for the BBQ. When I arrived at home my husband was on his knees gasping for air. I somehow managed to get him in the car, called 911 and drove him to the nearest emergency room.

In the room they stabilized him for a couple of hours and then it got worse, so bad that they had to intubate him and put him in a paralytic coma in ICU. I was under the impression that this was only temporary and that everything would be ok in a couple of days.

The next morning I get a call from ICU asking if they could put a line in him due to his kidneys failing for dialysis. I was in shock, my husband only had high blood pressure and now he can’t breathe and his organs are failing?

I get to the hospital and the doctor told me that we will be lucky if he made it through the day due to his kidney failure. He was swollen and not urinating at all. I was devastated as I contacted family to let them know what the doctor had told me. As I sat all day in shock, I knew I could not accept this news.

At the end of that evening he started to urinate, a little sign of hope. The next few days things got terribly worse. Due to the fluid buildup he now had double pneumonia, he got sepsis, rhabdomyolysis, his blood pressure skyrocketed to 240/250 over 140/180, and the doctor told me he could have a stroke or heart attack while in the coma. He was on so much sedation for the coma that the doctor warned me that he might not come back the same.

By day 5 he had all these things mentioned above and heart failure, respiratory failure (in which he was getting 80% oxygen from the machine) and kidney failure. The doctor informed me that that there was nothing else they could do for him.

During this time I was searching for an answer, hope. I knew what it was like to pray and believe God for a miracle but I had to find something else. I could not lose my husband. My children, ages 13 and 9 at the time (boys), could not lose their father.

I started searching YouTube for how to create your own miracles. I listened to Stuart Wilde. I found binaural healing beats and frequencies and played them in my husband’s ears. I asked his family to pray, churches to pray, but as his wife I had to make it happen.

In a YouTube video from Stuart Wilde, he mentions to take this path like a warrior. You almost have to go to a different realm and believe the outcome you want and not what it looks like (reality). To others it seemed like I was ignoring reality, but in fact I was creating the reality I wanted. As the doctor was telling me that my husband wasn’t going to make it, I had to believe something different with all my might. I saw him getting up out of the hospital bed and returning home with sound mind with no health problems.

I couldn’t understand how my husband could be healthy one day and totally on his death bed the next.

I continued on this path and the nurses would comment to me daily, "Wow, you are so strong," probably because I wasn’t crying by his bedside. I had to know without a doubt he was okay. I was in warrior mode. Believe me, I don’t know how I made it or did it, but I knew I had to.

That night (the night the doctor told me there was nothing they could do), I contacted a person I met at a conference who called herself an Angel Healer. She is Native American and I asked her for help and guidance in this situation.

She told me that she had seen my husband getting better and that he was in divine order and his lungs were healing now. She asked for my permission to go the spirit world to talk with him (my husband). She gave me some instructions on what not to do in the hospital room, like cry and grieve or talk negative (which I was already doing). I gave her permission.

The next day the doctor said that there was a hospital bed that opened up in CRMC, a better and bigger medical center, and they would need to transport my husband by helicopter. They warned me of the consequences, that he could have a heart attack or stroke. I agreed for him to go.

He arrived at the hospital in the evening and they did every test possible to find the cause of his sudden respiratory failure. The CT scan, MRI and other test showed no cancer, no rare or other diseases, just the pneumonia.

He stayed in the this hospital 5 days and he came out of the coma on 6/20/16.

It took a while for him to realize what was going on. He swore he was in the 80’s. He thought he was in the hospital for cancer treatment. He thought the top of his head was cut open. He even thought he was in a nightclub that played rave and Mexican music. I read that the brain tries to make sense of things and maybe all the bells going off in the hospital made him think this.

On 6/21/16 he was transported to another hospital, out of the ICU, where he stayed at Kaiser Permanente for another 5 days. A total of 15 days in the hospital. He was actually released on 6/26/16.

Right out of his coma, he was trying to communicate to me what he had gone through. I tried to tell him to take it slow and easy as he was just in a coma.

He described to me that he was in a lot of pain, that he was floating in a dark tunnel and it was hellish. His name was being called in an unfamiliar voice.

He then described that he saw a light and the light got bigger. He was then in the presence of people he recognized, like his mom and dad, and other family members. They communicated with him through their minds -- they didn’t actually speak. They told him how proud they were of him. Some of the people just smiled. He said it was perfect peace and love.

We continued the conversation over the next few days while in recovery and he would mention more things to me.

He said he felt like he had to give messages to certain people.

At this point I didn’t know what to think. I thought maybe this was a dream he was remembering. Or maybe this was a story he heard from other people's experiences.

He then told me he didn’t want to come back until the lady told him it was okay to come back and breathe.

I asked him what lady? What did she say?

He said that she was telling him to breathe, it's okay to breathe.

He said he kept telling her it was too painful to breathe but she was there and guiding him.

Remember the Angel Healer I mentioned above? Well I pulled up her picture on my phone, and I didn’t say anything to him. I just acted like I was looking at Facebook and he pointed and said, "That’s her! That’s the lady that told me to breathe!"

My mouth dropped and I knew that this was no dream; it was for real, and it happened to us. Imagine my amazement and shock!

Another jaw-dropping moment was when my husband told me before he came back a little boy on a bike was calling to him. The little boy kept saying, "Hey, my name is Buddy Gomez. My name is Buddy Gomez. Tell them I’m fine! Tell them I’m doing good and everything is fine."

My husband was baffled because he had no clue why this little boy told him that, but I knew exactly what he was talking about.

This was my mother’s little brother -- Buddy, 5 years old -- who was hit by a car while riding his bike. He had been following my mom, his big sister, on the road when he was hit by a car and killed. My mother was blamed for the accident and felt guilty about it her whole life. This happened in the late 60’s. My mom is now 61. When I told my mom and her other siblings, they cried. What a healing and closure to bring back after all these years!

I can truly say that my husband went somewhere and experienced pure love, peace and joy. He stated very clearly that he felt no stress, he was not condemned, it was perfect.

This experience has caused me to be open to the universe and everything that is out there. It has caused me to question every religious teaching I grew up with about heaven and hell, God and the Devil. I believe God is pure love and we are energy that returns back to The Creator no matter what our spiritual beliefs are or our behavior here on Earth.

My husband wasn’t perfect. He cussed. He was easily stressed, got angry, hasn’t attended church for a long time and he still experienced God’s true love. I know he had a near-death experience.

After my husband was released from the hospital, on all the follow up appointments, I insisted that his kidneys, lungs, and heart be examined, and that he see an allergist.

After all the MRI’s and blood work, everything came back fine and to this day there is still NO medical explanation as to why all this happened to my husband.

I can look back now and know I was in a different world and so was my husband. There is definitely more to this life than what we can even know or imagine.

My husband’s sneak peek of transitioning to another world is something he has no fear of and neither do I. After all is said and done, I don’t know which part of all the prayers, the angel healer, my belief and constant knowing that he would come out just fine, made this miracle happen! I know it was God but it all made a difference!


twitter  you tube  facebook

Explore the Extraordinary