The International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) is a non-profit service organization. We are not interested in making money from information about you.
Here is how we treat your privacy:
- If you order something from us, such as a journal issue or audiotape, we share information about you only as much as needed to fulfill the order. For example, if you use a credit card to place the order, we must tell the credit card company enough information to complete the transaction, and we must give the delivery company a package labeled with your shipping address. We retain your information for the purpose of internal record keeping only.
- If you have had a near-death experience and would like to fill out our information form to place in our archives, you will specify on the form how your information may be used. We will use it only for the purposes and in the ways you have specified.
- If you ask for further information to consider joining IANDS, we will send you that information. If you do not join, we will also send you notices about our next few conferences, unless you ask us not to.
- If you join IANDS, we will send you the things promised as a result of your membership and will notify you when your membership is about to expire. We occasionally will remind you that memberships and donations are what allow IANDS to continue to exist.
- When you join or renew your membership in IANDS, or register for our conference, you specify whether we may share your information with organizations that address related subjects so that they may inform you about their conferences. They agree to use the information about you only once for that specific purpose. The frequency of this kind of sharing is, at most, twice per year.
- If you use our shopping cart or message boards, the message board software may store information on your computer ("cookies") depending on how you use these services. This information is used only to make it more convenient for you to use the service. We do not collect or examine it.